Coffee and Huggbees

17 January, 2007

INTERNET

Finally, I have internet. I can't explain how much I missed it. I made plans to go try to find a bar near the train station tonight, but just out of curiosity, I tried it; and it worked. Screw trying to find a crappy bar for an hour, I can do that some other day. I need to let my parents know that I'm alive. I tried emailing them from my phone, but I couldn't remember their email address, so I wasn't sure if the emails that were accepted actually went to them, or to someone with a similar email address. Anyway, it's nice to finally be able to be in contact with people again.

So today was a pretty boring day. The cold, wet weather turned slutty skirt bus girl into weird, child's shoes wearing high pitched M.C. Giggles. Walking to the company from the bus, we started talking, and she has THE highest pitched voice ever. Almost cartoon like. And her shoes kind of reminded me of children's shoes. I'm not sure why. So after a rousing morning meeting, I'm sent to the research department with Crotch Fat. Awesome. Another day of folding aluminum foil and listening to Crotch Fat and Muppet talk to themselves. Oh, no, not today. Today I learned a new word. That word is "haregane." It means steel wire. I spent the next 4 hours cutting wire by hand to a desired length. Boy, was it fun.

After 4 hours of wire cutting, I left for lunch. Since today was fried pork bits, I decided to go to a nearby Udon shop. Well, not wanting me to be alone, some people from the office came with me, and we all ate together. The food was good, and after a morning with Crotch Fat and Muppet, anyone's company is better by comparison. After lunch, I get sent to a different area in the research department; the clean room. So I put on a lab coat, hat, and go through an x-files-esque wind tunnel to find people sitting there, sanding pipes. Oh, and more wire. I spend the next 2 hours cutting wire thicker than before, and end up slicing my hand.

Some kid comes up to me and gestures for me to follow. We take some pipes to another floor, where through a series of grunts, this kid washes the pipes in some chemical, then hands it to me. Now I don't have gloves on, he does, we both have gas masks on, but he seems fine with me not wearing gloves. Let's hope my hands don't fall off.

So after that, I take the pipes back to the clean room, where I am shown how to cover the pipes with tape and plastic. Ok. So I do that for two hours and talk to some guy about Japanese punk and American hardcore bands. That was actually fairly interesting. At 4:45 the manager calls me, gives me a jacket, and tells me to head home. Awesome. Although the bus doesn't come until 5:30. So I sit around outside for a while waiting for the bus and trying to understand the high pitched voice OL's that pass yelling things to me.

Between the futon and cutting wire all day, I really need a massage, but I don't trust my Japanese enough to try to find an actual massage parlor. It's Japan, there probably aren't any genuine massage parlors. Now, I don't really have a problem with "sexy massage" establishments, it just goes against my frugality and refusal to pay for someone's erotic-attention. Is that a word? Maybe I can convince winking grocery girl to rub my shoulders. Or find someone that lives nearby with a western bed. A real bed. And American pillows. Now that could work.







INTERBLAGS, FINALLY!

1 Comments:

  • We should mail you a bed a piece at a time, like Radar in MASH, only that was a jeep...but the principal is sound.

    By Blogger BrooksIsHere, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home