Coffee and Huggbees

17 January, 2007

So I've Arrived In Nagoya




I woke up early this morning to email a friend to meet her for breakfast in Harajuku before I left for Nagoya. So I'm emailing her back and forth, and while waiting for a response, I exchange some money, and run to the train station to buy my ticket for Nagoya. I buy it, then email my friend in Nagoya to tell him when I should be arriving. I run back to the hotel, and finalize plans to me Sayako at the bakery I always go to, then visit Secret Base, where I plan to waste large amounts of money on hand painted designer vinyl.

Well, I go to Harajuku, get some food at the bakery, and sit for a bit reading. I get ready to head to Secret Base, as Sayako hadn't arrived yet, and then she did. We hung out for a while, and I lost track of time. I ended up not having time to go to Secret Base, which is probably for the best, and ran back to my hotel.

I was already running late, so I changed my train ticket to Nagoya for 40 minutes later, emailed Yohei in Nagoya, then checked out.

Carrying any sort of luggage larger than a backpack is a huge pain in Japan, and I was carrying luggage that weighed about the same as the average Japanese person. I get on the train, go to a different station, get on the shinkansen for Nagoya, and finally arrive.

I go to meet Yohei in Nagoya, can't find the place, go to ask directions, and while leaving the office, run into another AIESEC member. We find Yohei and group together, then go to my office to meet with the president and chairman of the company.

Everyone I met at the company was extremely nice, and we all went out to eat after meeting with them. More and more food appeared, along with Japanese beer, and it was great fun. I'll hardly remember anyone's name, but it's ok I guess, since I am working at a separate office.

I'm driven to my apartment, where we drop off my stuff, find out I won't have internet until Monday, and make plans to get that, as well as a cell phone. We go out again to the bus station where I can get the bus times to get to work, then a member of the company shows me around my apartment and where the supermarket and such is. I eventually say my goodbyes, and am dropped off at the apartment.

I'm unpacking a little, but there are no 3 pronged plugs, so my laptop will only last so long until I get an adapter. Not to mention that I don't have internet. The apartment is actually really nice, and surprisingly large. I ran to the convenience store to buy toilet paper and some tea, but I really need a couch or something. Anyway, I'll probably unpack a little more, maybe walk around a bit, and shower. I have plans to meet with some more people tomorrow, so maybe then I'll be able to take care of everything else in the apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home