Coffee and Huggbees

13 January, 2007

Already Lost

I normally don't stay in downtown Tokyo, and for the most part, I avoid the area just because there's not much there that interests me. Well, my hotel is right next to the Shiodome and Ginza, which means it's true downtown Tokyo. I ran out to get something to eat, and when i got back, I couldn't use my ticket stub to leave the train station. It wouldn't take it for some reason. I assumed that I didn't put enough money on the ticket, so I went to a fare change machine to add some money to it. After not accepting the ticket, it finally took the ticket and kept it. So now I needed to buy a completely new ticket, because I didn't have mine anymore. I went to the guy working behind one of the counters at the exit, told him I lost my ticket, and he waved me through.

Now, this train station has atleast 8 different exits, and I wasn't paying attention when I went in to which exit was my hotel's. I ended up several blocks from my hotel, got directions, ran into horrible construction that made me walk 3 blocks out of my way to get around, and finally arrived back at the hotel. I'm still hungry...

1 Comments:

  • And so it begins. Perhaps leaving a trail of bread crumbs, or string would help?

    By Blogger BrooksIsHere, at 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home