Coffee and Huggbees

07 January, 2007

Not Remotely Related

I haven't left yet, and won't be until Thursday, so don't expect anything of substance until after then. I do feel the need to tell the tale of the Butter of the Beast, though. I found a box of butter in my apartment that expired on 06/06/06. In December, I was posting some items on ebay, when I thought to put the Butter of the Beast up for auction as well. I wrote a lengthy description, with a surprising number of errors in it, but it can all be found here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270062542680


Ofcourse no one buys it, but I didn't expect anybody to do so. Nearly a month later, on January 1st, I get an email from an ebay user named theg1963, that had a question about my auction. Below are the contents of the emails back and forth between myself, and this concerned ebay user:


theg1963: There is nothing paranormal about your butter the numbers are 060606. If it was 666 maybe and even then it's pretty stupid sounding an unbelievable to say the least

Me: I am glad that you took the time out of your busy day to point out that you have absolutely no sense of humor. Not to mention to comment on an auction long since ended. Maybe one day we can all be as cynical as you. Until then, one can only hope that your inability to catch sarcasm and parody remains a core characteristic of your personality. Happy New Year.

theg1963: I thought it was pretty stupid to put something like that on ebay. And the fact that i saw it on a website depicting what some people will try to sell for money

Me: Now you've piqued my curiosity as to what sort of website would find my auction enjoyable. If you get a chance, I would like the link to the site. I'm very curious what other sort of auctions were listed that could generate such scorn and animosity in people such as yourself. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to point out the differences between 06/06/06 and 666. Your eye for detail is appreciated. In addition, you have given me yet another wonderful story to tell. Thanks!

I still have not received any response, and my searches for the site have been unsuccessful.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home