Coffee and Huggbees

30 April, 2007

We're Going To A Hardcore Show

Sunday was designated as the day I would finally go see a ska show in Japan. While the US has had waves of ska popularity, Japan has maintained a fairly consistent level of interest in ska. I had heard of a club called Zion that had mostly ska concerts, and especially considering the name, I assumed that there was bound to be ska. Tired from eating and drinking all day in the sun at the barbeque, Caitlin and I left for the club.

But not just the two of us. I convinced a friend to come as well, despite the high heels/skirt probably not being the best clothing to wear to a show. She didn't seem to mind, so we bought our tickets, and waited around for the doors to open. During this waiting period, I browsed through the store, where they had a series of sludge/doom metal, thrash, and punk shirts. No ska. I started to think that maybe this wasn't exactly the type of show I was expecting, but oh well. We grabbed some coffee before the show, and in we went.

To be greeted with hardcore punk. I didn't mind it, and actually enjoyed a few of the 7 bands that played, but Caitlin left early because she was tired, and I really feel bad for dragging the other girl to a concert like that. It was fun, though. I'll have to try my luck again sometime next week, since I have some drink tickets left over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home