Coffee and Huggbees

05 April, 2007

Hanami + Food Poisoning, Hurray!

With it now being spring, the cherry blossoms are blooming, and that means everyone gets together, sits in a park, and drinks. And eats an incredible amount. So that's how I spent my Sunday. I met with some friends from Nagoya City University, and we sat outside eating and drinking until everyone passed out from eating too much. All in all, great fun.

I was incredibly full and wanted to nap, so I started to head back to my apartment. Well, on the way back home, I passed the subway stop that I get off at to go record/designer vinyl shopping. I had already spent my quota on records for the weekend the day before, but I couldn't resist, since I already had an all day subway pass. A quick trip to the atm was followed by buying more records. I really need to start planning how I'm going to get all these home. Shipping will probably be too much, and I'm not sure if I can have 3 check-in bags on the plane. Oh well, I'll just worry about it later.

Monday at work, I get an email about a second Hanami party, this time with people from Nagoya University. So I go straight there after work, and being a Monday, I worked in the clean room, which is actual work that I really don't enjoy. I'm already tired, and hungry, but I go straight to the park. There, we eat some more, and I eventually bury myself under everyone's bags to try and stay warm. Cold, but yet again, great fun.

Now Wednesday night comes along, and my stomach decides it is very unhappy with something it received. I think it might have been from some bad tuna that I ate. Or maybe having McDonald's twice in a week (for the record, I've had more McDonald's in the past week in Japan, than I have in the past 3 years in the US). Wednesday night and Thursday morning were spent pleading with my body, promising no more fast food no matter how hungry I am, and to make sure that my refrigerator is closed when I have perishable food in it. By Thursday afternoon, we come to an agreement. Ofcourse this is far too late for me to go into work, so I call it a sick day, and stay home to work on the company's website.

I also don't think to actually call into work to tell them this. Nor do I think to check my phone if it is charged, since it slipped my mind to charge it last night; with all the unpleasantness and such. I eventually get a worried email making sure that I wasn't dead, and this is when I realize my phone is off. Three worried phone messages later (albeit, in Japanese), I make a note to call into work when I don't show up. I assume this is probably good advice for anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home