Coffee and Huggbees

08 March, 2007

New Girl

Some new girl started working on the first floor with me, and it's just kind of awkward because not only does she appear to be over 35, but she's very stoic and won't talk to anyone. This girl showed up on Monday.

On Wednesday, some coworkers were telling me that we were getting a new female employee, who is the same age as I am, to work on the first floor. Curious, I asked when she was supposed to start.

They said she already did.

And that I already met her.




Chain smoking really does make you look incredibly old.


Other than the realization that smoking is really bad for your skin, I now have even less work to do. When it was just me helping on the first floor, I would often finish work at about 4:30, then sit around until 4:45 (unless I could sneak out early), when I would leave for home. Now, with another person doing the same useless work as I am, I finish work at 3:30, then wander the office until 4:45. I need to find a quiet corner to sit and read or study. Just somewhere out of immediate line-of-sight. When I have nothing to do, I'm told to watch other people do the same work over and over; work that I'll never be asked to do. They call this learning by watching, which is ironic. Atleast I can stand near the ovens to warm myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home