Coffee and Huggbees

11 February, 2007

Natural State

I have a running, and many times proved, theory that whenever I get lost, I undoubtedly wind up in the red light district. It doesn't matter if the district is 5 blocks, or 1 building, I will always, always end up there when I get lost. It's an odd conundrum, but has been proven many times over.

Recently, I discovered that this phenomenon is applied to magazines as well. It doesn't matter what is on the cover of the magazine, what section of the store it is in, it will always contain smut if I pick it up. After missing the last bus to my apartment, I decided to hang around the station trying to find donuts, before taking a later train to my station and start the long walk back to my apartment. Diana was looking for some sort of Japanese tabloid magazine for her friend, and I could have sworn that I saw a Japanese version of People magazine. On the long walk back to my apartment, whenever I started to get cold, I would duck into a convenience store and browse the magazines looking for a tabloid (and to warm up). Every piece of printed material I picked up had naked people somewhere within. Sometimes it would be the first page I flipped to, sometimes the second or third, but always present.

After several convenience stores worth of browsing, I began to wonder where this power(?) came from. I decided that my natural state must be around smut, and whenever I get lost in a city or pick a magazine at random, my subconscious reverts back to a smut-searching fiend. If only I could somehow use this for good.

On a completely separate note, I finally bought a strap for my phone today, seeing as how it was an animal crossing bottle with a present inside. I was attaching it while on my way to the theater with some friends, when one of them mentioned that the strap was too cute for someone like me. Mildly taken aback, and horribly stubborn, I declared that it shall not be removed until I come across a better one. Now I offer a challenge to anyone that can find a cellphone strap better than this. I'm thinking something along the lines of a tiny ghetto blaster. That would be better. Or if I could find a tiny tape (like the ones at my apartment in my tiny stereo system), I could affix wings to it, and that would be a superior strap.

1 Comments:

  • that would be a superior strap. My winged tape hangs vigil over my living room. What about a Wii-mote strap? Not better, but another option. Your power must have come in full bloom in Vegas.

    By Blogger BrooksIsHere, at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home