Coffee and Huggbees

19 February, 2007

...this seems familiar...

My life has become Animal Crossing. 1) I keep on having to buy new umbrellas because my old ones break, or I don't bring them with me and it starts to rain. 2) On Sundays, I sit in a coffee shop and write letters. I don't actually mail these letters for the most part, they just sit in my apartment until I get tired of looking at them. Then I'll mail them at once. 3) Everything in my apartment makes a noise. A cute noise. My doorbell sounds like an entire song, converted to midi. The person is normally in my house and sitting down by the time the song stops. If I ever buy the mic I want, I'll make sure to record all the sounds. 4) When I have nothing else to do, and find myself in Sakae, I buy records. I don't have a record player here. So they just sit on my shelf.

On Saturday, my company threw me a welcome party. My refusal to eat beef or pork is always a source of great concern by everyone, so the party was held at a restaurant that just serves fish, tofu, and vegetables. Plus all you can drink alcohol for 2 hours. Suffice to say, I tried every variation of alcohol from Japan possible. By last call, I had half a bottle of atsukon, a full glass of wine, and vodka with grapefruit juice left to finish very quickly. Afterwards, some of us went to go eat ramen, and while I wasn't hungry, people bought me more alcohol. Then we get driven to my place, where we listen to music and drink some more. Overall, an enjoyable evening. Although I vaguely remember late night aim conversations, but I'm afraid to check my logs to see what I actually said. I'll just ignore it. So should you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home