Coffee and Huggbees

18 April, 2007

More Uselessness

Another day, another long car ride, another list of unrelated thoughts:

1) I never really thought about it, but until very recently, I was always under the impression that Lois Lane was Wonder Woman. It just made sense. Superman's costume looked similar, there was always that connection between Superman and Wonder Woman...it wasn't until just the other day that I realized that isn't the case. Oh well, Batman's far better anyway.

2) If You Haven't Heard, aka I Can't Wait: http://www.mcfly2015.com/

3) In Japan you don't really have gradient driveways, you have 3-5 inch drops from the driveway to the road, even though the curb is cut. When you're precariously set in a seat far too small for your giant legs, every little bounce hurts, and these more so than others.

4) A coworker was looking for a place for us to eat lunch, and always the no beef/no pork thing makes people find a place that ONLY serves chicken or fish, as if restaurants with beef or pork refuse to serve anything else. So my coworker takes me to this antique tea room, where old ladies are dressed up in Victorian maid costumes. There are antiques everywhere, and we're surrounded by equally elderly woman having tea. This didn't faze my coworker at all, as we finished our meal and drank coffee from tiny tea cups.

5) The new Battles single, Atlas, is awful.
...until the third time you listen to it. Then it somehow becomes magical.

6) I was being driven home from work today, when my coworker asked if I would mind if we made a quick stop. Not sure where he was going, I agreed, and soon found myself in a liquor store. We spent half an hour browsing alcohol and talking to the owner, and I was eventually given a bottle of Umeshu as a bribe not to mention the whole "liquor shopping while at work" thing to the other people at work. Now my refrigerator is entirely alcohol and coffee, with, I think, a single egg somewhere in the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home