Coffee and Huggbees

29 April, 2007

Horribly Witty Title

I'm not sure why it surprised me so much, but on the way to work, a car passed me, and the driver was shaving with an electric razor. The first thing that I thought of was "There's going to be hair everywhere in the car." It's illegal to drive while talking on the phone without a headset, but it seems like they haven't gotten around to passing legislation on shaving (or applying far too much makeup while driving, which is incredibly common). Although, at times, I wonder if forcing people to use a headset might cause more accidents. Whenever I ride with one particular coworker, he holds the headset to his ear with one hand, his phone in the other, and steers with the remaining 2 fingers not holding the phone.

On the way to the station to pick up Caitlin, there was this very biker punk looking guy that got on the train with me. All black, big jacket with skulls, boots, chains...and the scowl of someone trying to portray toughness. On the train, he pulled out his phone, which had a sticker of a big cloud with a smiley face.

I've only been to one show since coming here, and I really want to see what punk and ska shows are like in Japan. There's a local punk band that my friend is always talking about, so I guess I'll try to find one of their shows to go to. For ska, I found a ska club nearby, so tomorrow we'll just show up, and hope for the best. I'm sure one of the bands will be tolerable, atleast. I don't recognize any of them, but that could make for an even more interesting experience.

I wish I knew how to do metal work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home