Coffee and Huggbees

24 April, 2007

A Brand New Circle Of Hell

I spent 6 hours in the car today, driving around to meet with different customers. The trip itself wasn't bad, although I had neither a book, nor my notebook with me. The non-reclining seat didn't even bother me that much. Nor did the 4 square inches of space I had to put my feet. No, today was a very special day.

Avril Lavigne Day.

The only radio station that my coworker listens to, and refuses to budge from, played her entire discography over and over. I didn't realize she had songs other than ones about skater boys, and complaining about something "complicated." Apparently, she does.

And I heard them all.

Repeatedly.

I didn't start counting until a few hours in, but in the 4 hours that I was counting, I heard Skater Boy 9 times.

When I arrived home, a hour and a half late, I immediately walked in, didn't even put down my bag, and threw Softball's Tenku on the record player. I needed verification that it is possible to have true, female-vocals punk. It's on it's second play through, so I'll round out the evening with some Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her and Youjeen. Maybe some You Say Party We Say Die or Be Your Own Pet. I just need to get this out of my head.

The highlight of the day was driving through the mountains and passing one of those "watch out for deer" signs, with a picture of a deer leaping. The sign after it had a big monkey on it, which I can only assume is a "watch out for monkey" sign. Next time, next time, I'll take a picture.

I just need to make it through half a day tomorrow, then I take off to pick up Caitlin from the station. I've decided that I'm going to introduce her as my sister to everyone for two reasons: 1) see if anyone questions why I never mentioned a sister/question why she has much lighter hair than me and 2) people are nosy, and claiming she's my sister avoids a whole category of questions that I'd have to answer otherwise.

1 Comments:

  • You so crazy! You need to take a picture together with your 'sister' why, oh, I dont know. A monkey crossing sign could come in handy.

    My condolences to your ears for being subjected to that which is the Avril...

    By Blogger BrooksIsHere, at 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home